Fully Vaccinated

Last Friday I received the second dose of my COVID vaccination. Making me officially, fully vaccinated. I'm writing about this simply because this is a topic of question or concern when it comes to caring for little ones. 

I honestly have to say that I waited a while to get vaccinated for numerous reasons.  

1) I'm pretty crunchy when it comes to lifestyle. I love my organic foods and natural remedies. However, I'm not against going to the doctor and I'm definitely not an anti vaccine type of person. My daughter and I are up to date on all of our vaccinations. 

2) Because of the fact that I am super crunchy I like to build our immunity on our own. We don't get the flu shot and never have. With the exception of the time that I worked at Children's Hospital, where it was a requirement for work to get the flu shot. I do believe in vaccinations, I just don't want to put anything that I feel is unnecessary into my body. The flu shot doesn't really feel absolutely necessary, for several personal reasons that I won't get into right now. Because this is about the COVID vaccine.

3) I was wary of how quickly this vaccination came out. This had me concerned. I don't even like buying the newest iPhone (yes I'm an iPhone purchaser 😊) right when it is first released because I want all the kinks and quirks worked out before I purchase it. So the fact that this vaccine came out so quickly seemed to be a bit of a red flag to me. Again, just wanting to be conscious of what I'm putting in my body.

4) Trust issues, just so many trust issues. 😩😊 I don't trust the government and I surely don't trust pharmaceutical companies. When, can any of us say, that either of these organizations has ever had the peoples best interests in mind? I mean really. Being that the government and the pharmaceutical companies both played a big part in the roll out of this vaccine had me more than a bit skeptical. Lets keep it real here, how many of you out there can honestly say that you trust both the government and the pharmaceutical companies? Seriously, be honest. Outside of getting the COVID vaccine how many of you would trust the government or the pharmaceutical companies with anything else? Just sayin... Can you really blame me for having this concern? 

5) Part of me felt like my daughter and I had already had COVID. Back at the end of 2019, before anyone was really talking about it here in the states and before anyone was being tested for it.  I can't say for sure because I never got tested for antibodies. But part of me feels like we already had COVID. So then why would I get a vaccine for something that our bodies already had a defense against? 

6) On the flip side of that, what if my daughter and I didn't already have COVID? Now I would be exposing us to COVID through the vaccine. Maybe I would be one of the few people who reacts badly to the vaccine? When I was already doing ok avoiding the virus to begin with?

7) I'm a little bit rebellious, a smidge stubborn and I most definitely don't like being told what to do. Childish? Sure. But these things have also kept me safe, growing and continuously staying true to myself. I'm not about to change that now. My best friend of 30 years said to me, "Frankie you rebel against the most random things." Because along with the traits about myself that I listed above, I'm also a total rule follower and I don't like when other people don't follow the rules. Slightly contradictory. But that's kind of who I am, so I just roll with it.

There you have it, the seven reasons I was hesitant to get the COVID vaccination. I still went and got vaccinated though. And I didn't just get the first dose and not the second dose. I'm looking at all you non committal folks who decided to go and get the first shot but not finish the task at hand by following through with getting the second shot. I mean seriously!?!?! Why? Just finish the job. Lord have mercy. I still love you though. Anywho, you want to know the reasons I actually did get the vaccination and what compelled me to do so? Stay tuned next week for the reason or reasons why I decided to get the COVID vaccination. 

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! I'll catch you on the flipside! 

~ Miss Frances 😊💗




Mona and I at her ice cream social last week



Comments

Popular Posts