Introduction

`

Hello!


Let me start by introducing myself. In my bio, on the left of the front page of my blog you can find a bit of info about me and my in home childcare. I’m going to be repeating myself a little bit if you’ve read my bio. 


My name is Frances but everyone who knows me, calls me Frankie. I’m directly named after my grandfather, first, middle, last and even my nickname was stolen from him. I know he’s smiling down from heaven enjoying watching over his namesake though. I love the color pink, I smile and giggle a lot, I’m very playful and typically full of energy. People find it strange though because I often wear all black. It’s contradictory to my personality, I suppose. 😊 I love writing and I've started and stopped writing more than one blog in my time. I’m the oldest of seven and have been helping to raise children for as long as I can remember. 


Speaking of family, I have some fun and interesting facts about my family that I would like to share. I typically share these facts in a silly manner but also as a heads up to be careful what is said around me, as to not unintentionally offend me. 😊 So here goes, I’m the oldest of seven in a blended family. I have three half brothers, one half sister and two step brothers. You’d never know we weren’t all siblings though, because we don’t treat each other as such. We are all actually pretty close, we treat each other with love and respect because that’s how we were raised. The man that I call my dad is my step dad. Fun Fact: My daughter didn’t know my dad was my stepdad until she was about 7. LOL! My dad loves his grand babies! I have two siblings who are on the autism spectrum, one sibling who is gay, my mother is biracial, and most of us have  learned to harness different forms of mental illness. We are a very diverse family who speaks openly and honestly about our unique family unit, and we wouldn’t have it any other way. 


My daughter Mona. I’m a single mother to a beautiful little girl, who currently is following in her families footsteps by attending dance classes under a scholarship she earned. So proud of her! Mona is one of the sweetest souls you’ll ever meet. Mona is also extremely artistic, loves nature and all animals. Mona would like to be a veterinarian when she's older. Mona was diagnosed with epilepsy by the time she was three. She is currently weaning off of her meds because she has only had one seizure in the last five years. We are praying that all goes well and she stays seizure free. 


Mona and I live in our home with our very smart, very protective, very pretty, German shepherd pup, Ghost. 


In my free time I like to spend time with my kiddo, go to church, occasionally go out dancing or to a concert, have drinks with friends, spend time watching (or trying to watch lol!) football with my family on Sundays. I love health and fitness and keeping my dog active helps me to stay active. My daughter and I attend church and small group pretty regularly, missing here and there when we have to. We really enjoy our church and church family! 


When hanging out with my kiddo we have an array of things we like to do. The zoo, apple picking, pumpkin picking, the wilds, having mommy daughter dates by getting dinner and a movie. Mona's personal fave would have to be Zoombezi Bay. On occasion we like to bake together. This summer we added the Columbus Museum of Arts to our list. We plan on adding COSI and the Franklin Park Conservatory to the list as well. Just to name a few. 😊 


Well that’s enough about me. This blog really won’t be too much about me. This blog will mainly be dedicated to writing about running my in home childcare. Things we do, how things are going, and whatever else I can think to add here as helpful references for current and future families. I hope this was a helpful introduction! Have a wonderful weekend! We’ll chat again soon! 


~ Frances 



Mona and I being silly at our house


Columbus Museum of Art this summer


Columbus Library this summer


Comments

Popular Posts