Seven Reasons

The seven reasons I decided to get the COVID vaccination

Last week I listed the reasons why I was apprehensive about getting the COVID vaccination. This week I am listing the reasons why I decided to go ahead and get the COVID vaccination. 

1) No one else was doing it. Or that's how it felt at least. When the vaccination first came out I was really hoping that everyone else would go out and get vaccinated, so that I wouldn't have to. The number of people getting the vaccination initially rose beautifully. Then those numbers began to slow. So, us here in Ohio, were sitting pretty at about 48% of the state being vaccinated. If I'm correct, for heard immunity we needed 75% of the state population to be vaccinated. Well I waited, and waited some more, and waited a bit more, the percentage barely budged. Finally it was just time for me to bite the bullet and get it done.

2) I'm so tired of having to wear masks. I knew that by getting vaccinated, I would be making my small contribution to hopefully seeing some semblance of normalcy in the next year. 

3) My childcare reopening. While I wasn't all to worried about getting COVID myself, the last thing I needed on my conscience was a little one getting COVID because I was carrying the virus. No thanks, not today. 

4) My family. By the time I decided to get vaccinated, all of my siblings, parents, and most of my friends had already been vaccinated. And now I was just the black sheep. So yeah, peer pressure. LOL!

5) I made a deal. My best friend of 30 years hadn't been back to church yet since the pandemic started. My bestie and I made a deal, that if I got vaccinated she would start getting back into the routine of going to church. She held up her end of the bargain and started going to church again. 

6) A valid point. My best friend pointed out that all kindergarteners have to be vaccinated before they can start school. So like, yeah, if kindergarteners can do it every school year, I guess I should as well. 😊

7) God. I really prayed a lot about COVID and the vaccination. In so many ways, for so many reasons. I felt that God continued to very gently nudge me to get the vaccine. Until His nudge wasn't so very gentle anymore. LOL. That's just kind of how God works with me. Remember the whole trust issue thing I mentioned in the last blog post? Well, through more than one person, God spoke to me on trust and the COVID vaccine. For me, getting the COVID vaccine was putting my trust in God and showing God that I was willing to trust him. To the world getting vaccinated was a small gesture, but to me it was a leap of faith. 

There you have it, the seven reasons I decided to get the COVID vaccine.

Have a wonderful weekend! Catch you on the flip side!

~ Miss Frankie




Comments

Popular Posts